Well here we are again guys and gals. We have reached that magical date on the calendar in which we celebrate all things His Holiness. I know our regular viewers have had it circled on your Lisa Frank calendars (it's the one with the yellow dog and pink kitties isn't it?) for some time now, sweaty with anticipation of this most sacred day, because they know all the joys it brings. Some of our newer readers may be asking themselves, "What's so special about YOUR birthday His Holiness? Everyone has one." To those people I would say, "Oh yeah? Well everyone has an asshole too buddy, but mine is just better and more important somehow. You know, in a wierd sort of way that I can't really put into words." Look, I know that's kind of an odd comparison, but let's not make this any more uncomfortable, yet strangely erotic, than it already is. Just go with me on this people.
Anyway, as you know this time last I let you know about how I like to spend birthdays. You know, just rocking out and generally being awesome. And of course the burning down of random houses (gotta keep the tradition alive.) Well this year, since I'm older and wiser (didn't think that was possible), I wanted to take another road. As we get older, we may start to question whether or not the life we're leading is still the way to go. Sure, partying on Tuesdays and regurly waking up in what is obviously somebody else's thong is cool as a 26 year old. But I'm 27 now. Is it time to grow up? Time to be responsible? Time to change my whole way of life? The answer to all of those questions is of course HELL-TO-THE-NO BITCHES!!! His Holiness is only getting started. The way I figure it, these first 27 years were just preparation for the rest of my life spent being awesome. Kind of a warm up if you will. That being the case, I will take this occasion to break out my party boots (which some of you know well) and my special birthday celebration tighty-whities (which a surprisingly fewer of you are as familiar with) and rock this weekend to the ground. I hope you will all join me in this celebration of not just my birthday, but the fact that getting older doesn't mean you have to be lame (but mostly my birthday). Also, in case any of you have forgotten, I can never have too much cash, Natty Light, or those commemorative Elvis plates (still haven't completed the set). So have a good His Holiness Day friends. I know I will. And with that, I leave you with these words of wisdom:
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? ~Satchel Paige
Everyone is the age of their heart. ~Guatemalan Proverb
The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible. ~Judith Regan
His Holiness out.
No comments:
Post a Comment